OUR ADVANCED APPRENTICE PATHWAYS
As an Advanced Apprentice, you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark in pathways such as:
Working at the forefront of vehicle technology, you’ll support test developments to existing models or help build entirely new experimental concepts. You’ll develop the flexibility to work with mechanical and electrical components, and we’ll also teach you a range of traditional hand fitting and machining skills.
Keeping our manufacturing operation running smoothly is vital to our success, so you’ll carry out preventative maintenance, diagnose and fix faults on complex machinery and equipment. We’ll also help you develop the ability to use problem-solving skills on robots, logistics, process systems and electrical and mechanical components.
- Manufacturing Support
In this area, you’ll work to improve our manufacturing techniques and processes, helping us to deliver the highest quality end products to our customers. You’ll gain knowledge of all our vehicle and production techniques, reporting on assembly solutions, standardisation, quality and economic best practice.
- Tool Room/Model factory
Combining traditional manual skills with the latest technology, you’ll help maintain or develop some of our most innovative products. You’ll cover a range of skilled disciplines, all of which are essential to the development of new and existing models.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Join us as an Advanced Apprentice and you’ll combine college-based learning with hands-on training gained at one of our manufacturing plants or vehicle workshops. Your first year will be spent at college, learning the engineering basics you’ll need in your role with us. Outside of college term times, you’ll enrich your studies working alongside members of our skilled workforce. During your second year, you’ll continue to gain practical experience at our facilities, attending college two days per week whilst you study for further qualifications. This will reduce to one day per week in your final years.
WHERE IT WILL TAKE YOU
- Together with invaluable commercial and professional experience, you’ll also gain a number of academic and vocational qualifications throughout your time us, which are fully paid for by us. These include:
- NVQ Level 2 Foundation Competencies
- NVQ Level 3 Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) or Higher National Certificate (HNC) business requirement dependant
- A technical certificate; BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
As an Advanced Apprentice, your starting wage will be over £230 a week, increasing every six months provided you continue to perform well. Upon completion of the scheme, you can expect to be earning over £450 per week.
We’ll also pay your tuition and course fees, and offer you all the support and mentoring you need. A generous holiday allowance will be part of your package, and as many of our facilities have their own gyms and sports halls, you’ll have plenty of opportunities for play at the end of the working day.
To apply for the Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme, you’ll need five GCSEs (or an academic equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths, English and a Science / Technology / Engineering related subject.