Programmes & Engineering
- This is where our inspiration, and yours, comes to life. Working right at the cutting-edge and utilising the world’s most advanced technologies and systems, you’ll enhance our existing vehicles and shape new ones.
- This is a huge part of our business, offering massive variety in the pathways, roles and projects you can take on. It is everything from new concept development to chassis engineering to hybrids and more.
- From mentoring and coaching to on-going training and development, you’ll receive all the help you need to take your career further and reach chartered status (CEng) with the IMechE (Institute of Mechanical Engineers) or IET (Institute of Engineering and Technology). After that, your vision, creativity and ambition will help keep us out in front.
- Advanced Engineering
This is where it starts. With an emphasis on building strong strategic, technical and financial foundations, this is where new concepts are developed and the next generation of Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles start to become reality.
- Body Engineering
Iconic styling. Luxurious interiors. Stimulating attention to detail. Our customers expect to be rewarded before they have even sat behind the wheel. And that’s what you’ll use your determination to deliver.
- Chassis Engineering
From suspension and engine mounts to wheels and tyres, every chassis component needs to be honed to perfection so our cars work in harmony, and deliver the exhilarating driving experience that our discerning customers will expect.
- Electronic, Electrical & Software Engineering
Design, develop and shape the future of our electrical & electronic systems. That’ll be your goal as you use your technical expertise to help develop everything from hybrid vehicles and class-leading infotainment to advanced electronic systems integration.
If you think petrol is driving our cars forward today then look again. From Advanced Driver Assistance Systems to Active Chassis Systems to Infotainment, EESE is now at the core of almost everything we do.
Click here to see the featured video
- Engineering Technical Services
Before our vehicles hit the road we need to make sure our ideas work and our innovations are sound. That’s why we have world-class test facilities. It is also why we have this team. They ensure every Jaguar and Land Rover we produce is as near to perfect as it can be.
- Forward Vehicle Quality
Dedicated to ensuring the quality of both our vehicles and the ownership experience, this area comprises two teams. In Quality Engineering you’ll focus on our new and future vehicles, while as part of Quality Assurance you’ll provide the customer insights that will deliver improvements for vehicles already in customers’ hands.
- Engineering Technical Services
Before our vehicles hit the road we need to make sure our ideas work and our innovations are sound. In dedicated test facilities you’ll be the one to ensure every Jaguar and Land Rover offers the outstanding quality we, and our customers, expect.
- Special Vehicle Operations (SVO)
From ultra-luxury limited editions of some of our products to bespoke heritage products and the almost tailored vehicles specified by discerning customers and VIPs alike, SVO pushes the luxury and performance boundaries to create truly unique and personalised vehicles.
To create the next generation of ever more advanced and sustainable vehicles, we need the next generation of thinkers. It is an industry-wide challenge and if it’s you, you’ll work with the world’s most advanced technology and systems in one of the most fascinating and rapidly-growing areas of our business.
- Powertrain Engineering
This is where the power behind our vehicles is generated. Covering the engine, transmission and driveline, you’ll utilise leading-edge technology to find that ideal balance between performance, sustainability and refinement. It’s a balance that delivers the impeccable driving experiences our customers love.
- Product Creation, Processes & Operations
To deliver our future vehicle programmes we need the most advanced tools, processes and technologies. Leaving no questions unanswered and no possibilities left unexplored, that’s what you’ll provide in our incredibly diverse operation.
- Product Strategy
With a clear focus on the future, you’ll work across the business to keep our product programmes on the road to success. The business planning and long-term studies you carry out will ensure we don’t hesitate when the challenges ahead try to slow us down.
- Vehicle Engineering
From enthralling handling to the sound of the engine, everything about Vehicle Engineering is designed to give our cars their unique characteristics. Join us here and you’ll be creating the very features that delight our customers around the world.
- We have always been renowned for outstanding manufacturing – the kind that can produce a staggering 330,000 Range Rover Evoques in just 36 months. And thanks to revolutionary technology, innovative lean processes, continued investment and expansion across the globe, today it’s even more impressive and inspiring than ever before.
- Whether it’s laying out plants, new equipment or refining efficient processes or managing world-class contractors, you’ll be an invaluable part in one of our most progressive and globally-minded business areas. And with an ambitious programme of new models, increased customer demand, vehicle lines and engines in the pipeline, it’s set to become even more exhilarating.
- We need graduates with drive and ambition to learn and contribute. Not just to help us meet the challenges ahead, but to reach chartered status (CEng) with the IMechE (Institute of Mechanical Engineers) or IET (Institute of Engineering and Technology), you’ll be pushed to take your career further, with the chance to work and ultimately lead at our facilities across the world.
- Production Manufacturing Engineering
Like you, we’re driven by a commitment to quality. And whether it’s our plant manufacturing processes, the construction of vehicle bodies or the application of crucial finishing touches, you’ll make sure we’re meeting, and exceeding, the high standards everyone expects.
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME)
When it comes to the future, our AME teams are planning it today. Working up to three years ahead of production, you’ll use your creativity to help translate, plan and implement engineering outputs into vehicle manufacture and ensure our plants are designed to achieve the best quality and efficiency.
- Powertrain Manufacturing
The engine. Whether it’s for powerful performance or outstanding capability, it’s the heart of our vehicles. Here, you’ll work at the cutting-edge of manufacturing, seeking out and developing the most advanced technologies and techniques for the installation, commissioning and launch phases of lean, internationally-revered engine production facilities.
- Production Supervision
With such a vast range of products, it’s essential that they’re delivered seamlessly. So as well as providing strong leadership to a team of Production Operators, you’ll improve processes, set targets and maintain a positive environment. Focusing on safety, delivery and, above all, quality.
- New Model Programmes
Taking product programmes from engineering, through pilot build and on to a flawless launch. It doesn’t get much better than overseeing the whole process but with real responsibility yours from day one, that’s exactly what you’ll do here.
- Plant Quality
To deliver the highest quality vehicles, we need to ensure the quality of our operations and processes. Comprising two teams, you could be part of Quality Operations and make sure defined vehicle manufacturing standards are met. Or you could join our Quality Strategy & Transformation team and ensure effective, benchmarked quality systems and processes are in place throughout the organisation.
- International Manufacturing
Our rapid expansion and growing ambition mean our Strategic Projects team is right at the forefront of our future. Experiencing global exposure from the start, you’ll explore the feasibility of opportunities in current and emerging key markets, you’ll be instrumental in our growth.
- Bringing invaluable and expert engineering knowledge to our commercial business areas, Commercial Engineering ensures our teams – from Purchasing through to Marketing, Sales & Service – produce the incredible results that define who we are.
- You’ll enjoy real responsibility and genuine global exposure from the start. Whether you’re building relationships with suppliers, delivering exceptional after-sales service or increasing growth in new markets, it’ll be the insights, expertise and perspectives you share that will drive our excellence.
- Receiving support and coaching from industry-leading experts in your field, you’ll have the opportunity to gain relevant professional accreditation and develop the skills that will see you, and us, achieve even greater feats.
- Cost Engineering
Bringing Engineering and Purchasing data together, you’ll work with an internationally-focused team to drive our profitable growth. This will be achieved as you target core vehicle commodities; delivering the robust material cost information and expert strategic insights that influence the direction of current and future programmes.
- Supplier Quality
Involved in a number of key roles, from new model launch to supplier readiness, you’ll help in the selection and development of our supply base. It’s a critical role within our Purchasing team, which will see you work with key stakeholders both in and outside of the business. All so we continue to deliver the highest quality and manufacturing capability.
- Customer Services Engineering
Covering a broad range of activities including attribute management, technical assessments, technical publications and commercial activity, our Customer Service Engineering team is part of Global Customer Services. Joining them you’ll ensure exceptional customer service and support is delivered across the world, wherever a vehicle is sold.
- Service Technical and Service Programmes Delivery are also part of this business area. In the former you’ll build links with our overseas markets on a regular basis and act as the voice of the customer and dealer technician in our engineering environment. While in our Service Programmes Delivery team you’ll help shape all future vehicle lines from earliest conception right through to product launch by providing data and insight from customer service input.
- From the Defender and the E-Type to the Evoque and the XJ, our designers have created some of the most recognisable vehicles ever made. But that’s not stopping us from looking ahead. One of our latest creations, the desirable F-TYPE, was imagined by a new generation of designers. And you can join them.
- We make products that customers aspire to. Whether it’s iconic body styling or flourishing interior details, your challenge will be to push the boundaries of what’s possible and keep us at the forefront of automotive style.
- The only limit to the possibilities is your imagination. With the motivation of designing for two of the world’s most iconic brands, revered design studios and an inspiring team, you’ll have everything you need to create the designs that are admired and desired. What will you come up with?
- Colour & Materials
Creating a blend of performance and luxury through the use of innovative materials, you’ll use your creativity to translate 2D concepts to 3D products in the development of interior and exterior body and trim projects.
Playing a crucial role in taking the biggest ideas through to the reality of production, this is a fascinating stage of vehicle development. Whether it’s in the virtual or physical world, you’ll translate concepts and data into models, all with the aim of solving the problems that will shape the final scintillating design.
- Design Technical
The sweeping curves and celebrated styles of our vehicles would be nothing without the accuracy and craftsmanship of our Design Technical teams. Joining one of four key disciplines – Surfacing, Studio Engingeering, Cubing Engineering and Experience Design – you’ll help to perfect the flourishing finishes that grab attention wherever they’re seen.
- Creative Design
Our vehicles set the benchmark for innovative and high-quality design across the world. Your challenge here will be to push that benchmark ever higher. Utilising a variety of 2D and 3D media, you’ll use your vision to transform insights into global trends and your creativity to generate highly innovative product solutions that set our customers’ pulses racing time and again.
- International markets, global negotiations and £billions spent with suppliers worldwide. Purchasing is a challenging and crucial part of our success, and the reason why our customers continue to enjoy the highest quality products on the market.
- Joining us as a Buyer, you’ll take on a portfolio of commodities and tackle a wide range of commercial challenges, including planning supplier strategies and managing relationships, negotiating costs, planning and controlling manufacturing processes, benchmarking products, analysing market trends, sourcing new products and services and working with engineers to improve design, cost and quality.
- With support from the day you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to undertake professional qualifications in the form of the CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) and develop the influencing and negotiation skills that will not only enable you to have a big impact on our bottom line, but ensure the next-generation of prestigious vehicles are soon rolling off the production line.
- To grow our business and bring our vehicles to life, we need talented people. People with very different capabilities, but all with the energy and determination that makes us who we are. You’ll be one of them yourself and you’ll help us find and develop more.
- Your task will be to attract, retain and develop the very best individuals and create a forward-looking environment where they can thrive. From producing training and development programmes to building partnerships with people across the business, you’ll work across an exceptionally broad HR career path and help us face the challenges of tomorrow.
- Responsibility will come straight away, but we’ll help you prepare for the demands by supporting you to attain CIPD (Charted Institute of Personnel and Development) accreditation. Inspired by energetic colleagues, you’ll develop the skills that will mean you’re the one driving our change.
- Finance has, and always will be, crucial to our progress. From budgeting and forecasting, to profit planning and financial analysis, it’s a fascinating and evolving area of our business, with every idea and every decision affecting our entire operation.
- Seeking out every opportunity for improvement, you’ll turn your hand to a vast range of challenges and work with teams in, Corporate Finance, Profit Planning, Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Sales & Service, Financial Analysis, Funding Modelling and Budget Creation and Forecasting.
- Nowhere else will you gain the experience and international exposure you will here. We’ll support your professional development with CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) accreditation, and we’ll ensure you have all you need to impact our success around the world.
Marketing, Sales & Service
- Already admired in over 170 countries, we have ambitions to expand even further. As we discover new opportunities and breakthrough into new markets we need to provide more customers than ever before with an unrivalled experience. That’s what you’ll join our teams to do.
- Fast-moving and dynamic, every day will provide you with stimulating opportunities. Developing invaluable skills and gaining experience across multiple areas – including field sales, supply planning, parts and customer service, brand development and marketing programmes – you’ll be the one to get our customers’ pulses racing faster.
- With the opportunity to undertake relevant qualifications such as the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing), you’ll become an instrumental part of our business, both protecting our heritage and unique brand values, whilst ensuring our brands continue to grow and seize attention.
Supply Chain & Logistics
- This is where some of the most advanced supply chains in the automotive industry are planned and executed. With over 1000 suppliers located around the world, the task is to get the right part, at the right price, at the right quality, at the right time. You’ll use your logic to meet the challenge.
- Joining one of three key teams, real responsibility will be yours from the day you join us. In our fast-paced environment, you’ll make a significant contribution to our continued success as you ensure our worldwide customer-base receives the premium experience they expect.
- Working alongside a team as ambitious as you, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to develop your professional skills and be supported to achieve chartered status with the Institute of Logistics and Transport. Who knows where it’ll take you?
- Material Planning & Logistics
Every minute of every day, thousands of parts are delivered to our plants, ready to be utilised on the production lines within hours. At the same time, hundreds of vehicles are shipped internationally to awaiting customers across the globe. A feat like this doesn’t just happen though. Join us here, and it will be your strategic vision meeting the challenge
- Parts Logistics
Joining our Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Warehousing or Supply Chain Analytics teams, you’ll organise the distribution, storage and inventory management of dealer parts, ensuring their delivery to over 170 international markets world-wide – wherever and whenever they are needed.
- Trading Division
Working within our ever-expanding manufacturing base, our Trading Division team is responsible for the project management and delivery of Jaguar Land Rover’s global supply chains. Join us in this complex and fast-moving area, and it will be you ensuring the international import and export of parts and materials to our Manufacturing plants in the UK and beyond.
- Anticipating change, reacting to every business need and developing the solutions that keep our business running, we wouldn’t be where we are without IT. So join us here and you’ll immediately find yourself in a position where you can make a real impact.
- From providing consultancy to the business and building strong relationships with key suppliers, to supporting process re-engineering and working with customers to identify their needs, your ideas and solutions will not only help manage our operations, but transform our entire business.
- Working alongside and learning from IT and Business Relationship specialists, you’ll develop your personal and professional skills as you have an impact on how every one of our business areas work. Your contribution will keep us heading in the right direction. And we’ll make sure your career is too.
- New markets, new vehicle lines, new facilities. Our vision for the future is clear; we want to build on our success. Delivering strategically important projects that support our growing infrastructure, our Property team moves quickly to put the foundations in place that will make our ambitions a reality.
- Working with a portfolio that spans almost 30 countries, you’ll help provide the tactical advice that ensures we’re responding to operational needs. From test tracks to training facilities, the challenges you face will range across the spectrum of real estate, property management and costruction.
- As our business grows so does the importance of Property. Our brand new Engine Manufacturing Centre – the most advanced ever built in the UK – is a prime example of the type of project you’ll influence and the impact you’ll have on the entire automotive industry. What legacy will you build?